Probate and Estate Administration
Gilliam Law Firm PLLC understands the emotional hardships associated with the death of a loved one. Many individuals do not want to deal with probate and other administration issues during their time of grief.
If you have been named the Executor/Executrix of an estate with a will or the Personal Representative of a person who died intestate, Gilliam Law Firm PLLC can assist you with all the duties of settling the estate, including:
- Opening the estate and filing the will (if there is one)
- Notice to heirs under the Will or to statutory heirs (if no Will exists)
- Collecting assets
- Inventory and appraisal of assets of the estate
- Publishing notices in the newspaper
- Payment of debts to rightful creditors
- Liquidating assets, if necessary
- Filing reports with the probate court.
- Filing tax returns and payment of estate taxes, if applicable
- Distributing assets to heirs
- Final accounting
- Closing the estate
Gilliam Law Firm PLLC encourages you to seek legal guidance instead of tackling probate on your own. If the probate process is not completed properly, you could face serious penalties. We can help you get through the process.
For help with probate questions or opening an estate, contact the Gilliam Law Firm PLLC at (910) 485-8899 for an appointment.